Converting sawn timber into planed all round or finished profiles is a major part of our business. We machine over 3000km in our sawmill per annum and in addition to our 55 standard profiles we can reproduce the pattern of existing features or create new ones in our tool room. As well as four bandsaws and various cross cutting equipment we have four Wadkin planer moulders. Other services offered include drilling and notching.
Since the turn of the decade we have invested over £750,000 in our sawmill:
- firstly with a new Stenner horizontal bandsaw capable of cutting 600 x 600mm;
- the purchase of a new Wadkin XE220 planer moulder;
- the purchase of a Stenner tandem bandsaw;
- the upgrading of our Wadkin FD 6 x 12 capable of dressing sawn timber up to 150 x 300mm;
- and finally the purchase of a state of the art mechanical handling line from Almab AB of Sweden capable of running at 140 metres/minute, housed in a new building and built around a planer moulder.
Good quality sawn timber and experienced machinists coupled with our own sharpening shop enables accuracy and consistency of production and ultimately customer satisfaction.
We welcome your machining enquiries to our team on 0191 4898231.
Click here for downloadable pdf of our Moulded Timber range.