Privacy & Cookie Notice
In connection with the GDPR which came into effect on the 25th May 2018, please find below our privacy notice which explains how we use any personal information provided to M H Southern & Co.
Who We Are
M H Southern & Co Ltd is a company registered in England, registration number 474897. Our registered address is Church Bank Sawmills, Jarrow, Tyne and Wear, NE32 3EB.
Our data protection liaison officer is Emma Harrison and you can contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0191 4898231 if you have any queries regarding the data we hold on you or your company.
What information do we collect & store and how do we use this information
We collect personal data when you become a customer or supplier to enable us to conduct business such as a sale or purchase. All information is stored on a secure database with password protection.
The personal data we collect can include the following:
- Business address
- Business email address
- Telephone/Mobile numbers
- Co reg. info/VAT reg. info
- Company bank details
- Key employee contact information
We will only share your information when it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations for example, providing delivery addresses to external hauliers and we will never share any data with third party marketing companies.
We will store information about you whilst you are a trading customer or supplier with us and may continue to do so for up to 2 years if trading ceases. However, we are also required to store certain information for as long as is necessary as determined by regulatory or statutory laws.
You have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you – please contact the privacy liaison officer.
Your Right to Complain
If you have any concerns regarding the use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office via their website at www.ico.org/concerns
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|PHPSESSID||Session cookie. Allow you to use our site in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient, for example, by allowing you to store items in an electronic shopping basket.
Expires after you close your browser.
|eu_cookie_law_ok||Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests. Remembers you have clicked the EU Cookie Law disclaimer popup.
Expires after 1 year